switch the EMC to a different PC

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

switch the EMC to a different PC

Postby smdillon » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:05 pm

How to I change the EMC to a new PC with minimal impact to the existing clients

I have 4 PC on the LAN. PC1 has the EMC and the server install and PC2/PC2/PC4 have the client install

I want to move the emc and server install to PC2 and make PC1 a client install and I would like to maintain the existing configuration information

Thanks
smdillon

Postby vineeth » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:50 pm

Greetings.

With reference to your query, please note that it is advisable that you make the new server with fresh configuration.

The manual procedure to move the existing configuration of an eScan server(EMC) to another system is as given below:-
>You need to copy the "Dmainlst.ini" and "ddetail.dat" from eScan installation folder of the old eScan server to the eScan installation folder of the new eScan server.
>Next you need to copy the files from the below folders to the same respective location on the new eScan server
1>c:\pub\deploy
2>c:\pub\log
3>c:\pub\policy
Once you have made the above changes, restart the service once.
With Regards,
Vineeth K.
eScan
Web site: www.escanav.com
Technical Support Website:- http://support.mwti.net/support
vineeth

Return to Technical Support