SMB Vs Home

This is to find answers for common questions

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

SMB Vs Home

Postby smdillon » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:07 pm

IF a small business requires 10 licences can it purchase 2 x 5 pack of the eScan Antivirus (AV) Home User Version - 11.x? or must it purchase 10 licences of eScan Anti-Virus for SMB - 10.x? I understand the technical limitations of Home Version (ie wont install on server OS). This is purely a licencing question

Is it possible to lock down the settings of Antivirus Home, Similar to the SMB Version?

Can you save the configuration of a Home Version installation on one PC and import it onto another PC?
smdillon

Postby vineeth » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:52 pm

Greetings.

With respect to your query,please note that with eScan SMB edition, one will be able to manage the network from the eScan server i.e. the administrator can manage the deployment of policies,updates,deployment of license keys,eScan hotfix installations,upgrades from the eScan server machine itself. With eScan version 11 Corporate /SMB editions we introduce the eScan Web Console feature wherein the administrator can login to eScan webconsole using Internet explorer from any client system in the network and perform management tasks for the same.

With a Home edition of eScan, the administrator would need to manually monitor every system individually.The settings cannot be transferred to another system. The settings can be locked down by individually assigning a password to each system manually.The same cannot be deployed/imported and exported onto another eScan system .

Kindly revert back in case you have any more queries.
With Regards,
Vineeth K.
eScan
Web site: www.escanav.com
Technical Support Website:- http://support.mwti.net/support
vineeth

Postby smdillon » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:19 pm

thanks for the reply. Just to confirm it is okay from a licencing point of view to purchase 2 * 5 escan home versions as oposed to having to buy 10 SMB

I am trialling the SMB version on two PCs and the server deployment and update features works well.

is it possible to remotely uninstall AV programs other than the ones listed for the remote clients. For example I want to remove comodo Antivirus off my remote clients before I deploy escan. Otherwise I have to go around to each of the clients anyway
smdillon

Postby vineeth » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:12 pm

Greetings.

With reference to your second query, during installation , eScan checks for any other anti-virus programs on the machine and tries to uninstall the same automatically on client systems.
With eScan Corporate/SMBversion 11 , we would be adding the feature of uninstalling other programs from the client systems.
With Regards,
Vineeth K.
eScan
Web site: www.escanav.com
Technical Support Website:- http://support.mwti.net/support
vineeth

Re: SMB Vs Home

Postby TinaNamdev » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:25 pm

the network and perform management tasks for the same.
TinaNamdev

Return to Frequently Asked Questions