hiding the license key fully or partly

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

hiding the license key fully or partly

Postby Anish » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:35 am

hi,

the license information window shows the 30 character license key fully and the same increases the chance of misuse by those who access the machine.

i have raised this subject some time back and i have got a confirmation mail from eScan that this will be considered in next version.

i am not forgetting the fact that the key is being used for remote support by way of copy paste but keeping this also into consideration we should look out and implement some option to at least hide some parts of the 30 characters so that we don't entertain misuse of keys.

need to know your opinion about this

best regards
anish c nair
arjuun solutions
kerala
Anish

Postby vineeth » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:44 pm

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us at eScan.

With reference to your query, the eScan license key is not shown on the eScan client systems in an eScan Corporate environment. It only displays the validity period.The license key is shown only on the eScan server.
With teh SOHO builds of eScan, it is necessary to show the license key as the user needs to take backup say in case the system needs to be formatted.
Misuse on the other hand is taken care since the license key details are stored in our server and we can suspend the license key from our servers.Also in case a user sends us a support request that he has misplaced his license key after activating the same, we can provide him with the license key only when he provides us his proper credentials which were used while activating the eScan product.
With Regards,
Vineeth K.
eScan
Web site: www.escanav.com
Technical Support Website:- http://support.mwti.net/support
vineeth

Return to Feedback/Wishlist