Please one version without eConceal also for SMB and Home

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

Please one version without eConceal also for SMB and Home

Postby Kuron » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:10 pm

I'm not sure whether it's due to version 10 being somwhere in the region of post-beta to release candidate, but could you please re-invent a version for home users and also for small businesses without firewall?

All recent installations I've either made myself or supported showed that eConceal slowed machines down considerably, only accepted manual zone rules with IP-adress-range / subnet being very strictly class-C and led to deactivating eConceal in Windows Services to get rid of it and return machines to an acceptable performance.

Please bring us back something like the VC-Edition. Most small businesses and even home users I support use routers with built-in hardware-firewalls, which in the very most cases makes eConceal unnecessary.

Thanks for at least considering this.
Best regards
Martin
Kuron

Postby Henning » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:12 pm

Hi Kuron,

same here - still with v10.0.1009.570... I disabled it in the settings, but it still uses a high amount of CPU Power in taskmanager. Very annoying!
Regards,
Henning
Henning

Postby ccsoftware » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:12 pm

I agree. In many installation I recommend disabling the firewall.

Thanks,
Joan
ccsoftware

Postby Shrinivas » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:55 am

Hi,

You can install the new build with "/nofw" command line parameter which will NOT install the eScan firewall while installing eScan.
e.g. if you have iwn2k3ek.exe then install "iwn2k3ek.exe /nofw" from command prompt and then let the installation complete.This will install eScan without firewall.

The settings will be all grayed out in the eScan protection Center->Firewall section.

If you want you can then manually add the firewall with the commands given on below url.
http://download1.mwti.net/wiki/index.php/Escan/english/eScan-FAQ103
With Regards,

Shrinivas P.
MicroWorld Technologies Inc.
Shrinivas

Postby ccsoftware » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:33 am

Thanks for that.
It would also be nice to have the question asked during the standard install.

Thanks,
Joan
ccsoftware

Return to Feedback/Wishlist