Trojan Win32 Renio.io

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

Trojan Win32 Renio.io

Postby GaryTS » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:13 pm

Good Afternoon,

I have not been able to find anything in the forums on this, I believe my spelling is correct? Renio? Windows Defender kept finding this, and it kept coming back. eScan did not find it, although it did find some invalid registry entires, perhaps related? Everything I've read on this treats it like a simple malware/spyware and not an actual virus, but it does not just redirect your browser, it stops numerous malware/spyware programs from working, Windows (Vista) restore will not work, and I'm sure it is interfering with the network settings as well, even though they appear okay. Sorry for the long winded message. Does anyone have any experience with this virus? I am beginning to believe the only permanent solution for this one is to reformat the HD and reinstall Vista.
GaryTS

Postby Varghese » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:02 pm

The name of the virus is not of eScan.
Just in case if its a new malaware. Please download the latest mwav.exe and run it it with /kill as a parameter.
Once the scan is complete you can find a file pinfect.zip. Send it back to us along with the log files created. We will check for any new malwares on your system.
Varghese

Return to Virus-related Issues