Encrption of eScan Folder

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

Encrption of eScan Folder

Postby wabenzi » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:42 pm

Hello,

When a client/workstation takes effect of a policy i deploy, i realize it can easily be reverted from the eScan folder at the program files, when the person gets into the C:/program files/eScan... the person can delete most of the files in eScan folder and even rename most of them to render them powerless and less-effective (especially, when rebooted to the safe mode and manually deleted). So after this, the eScan becomes powerless and the client get to by pass all securities and policies deployed from the eScan Server.
I will kindly plead if the eScan folder can be encrypted with the admin password so it cant be easily accessible and tempered with.

Thank you,
Ben.
wabenzi

Postby vineeth » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:15 pm

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us at eScan.

With reference to your query, please note that the eScan file processes and folders have the self protection feature enabled wherein no files can manually modified or deleted (except log files) in normal mode of operation even with administrative rights.In safe mode since none of the application drivers are allowed to be loaded, which is true for any application or anti-virus, deletion or modification of files cannot be blocked in safe mode.Also, users can login to safe mode only if they have the administrator password.

Thank you for your feedback.
With Regards,
Vineeth K.
eScan
Web site: www.escanav.com
Technical Support Website:- http://support.mwti.net/support
vineeth

Return to Technical Support