eScan Corporate v11 & Uninstall competitive antivirus

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

eScan Corporate v11 & Uninstall competitive antivirus

Postby orlandofr » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:47 pm

Hello

I can not find how to uninstall anothers antivirus software. Can you tell me if the new version supports it? if so how

Regards
orlandofr

Postby vineeth » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:38 pm

Greetings.

With reference to your query , please note that the uninstallation of other ani-virus software is done automatically when eScan is being installed on a system.
A separate option is not available for the same.During eScan installation, the application itself checks for other anti-virus on the machine ,cross-checks it with an internal database and in case the entry is present the other anti-virus is automatically uninstalled from the system.
With Regards,
Vineeth K.
eScan
Web site: www.escanav.com
Technical Support Website:- http://support.mwti.net/support
vineeth

Hello

Postby orlandofr » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:08 pm

Thank you.

Do you have a list of all antivirus software and versions that can uninstall?

I think it is important to know and prepare a solution in case there are a new version can not uninstall.

Regards
orlandofr

Postby vineeth » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:48 pm

Greetings.

With reference to your query, kindly send us the name and version of the other anti-virus software that eScan does not uninstall . We will try to add the same in our database.
With Regards,
Vineeth K.
eScan
vineeth

installation of v11 corporate edition

Postby alihyder » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:35 am

Dear, you told, when install eScan v11 it can remove any other antivirus automtaically, is it true ? and is it applicable to eScan v10 ? i mean if i run eScn v11 without uninstall v10, the v11 will uninstall automatically to v10 ?

clear to us, can we run v11 directly on v10 for upgradation of client/host part ?
Engr. Md. Alihyder Bhuiyan
Network & Security Administrator
Mercantile Bank Limited
Dhaka, Bangladesh.
alihyder

Postby vineeth » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:09 pm

Hello,

Please note, two differnet functions have been mentioned in your query.
Automatic uninstallation of other anti-virus software is carried out during installation of eScan as per its database.
As far as upgradation is concerned,you can directly upgrade escan from version 10 to version 11 only on eScan client systems.For the eScan server ,it is advised that you uninstall the older version and then install eScan version 11 server.
With Regards,
Vineeth K.
eScan
vineeth

About my another antivirus software...

Postby orlandofr » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:42 pm

The customer is using the antivirus named CA Threat Manager version 8.1 from CA Technologies. We really appreciate if you update the database with this product.

Regards
orlandofr

Postby ccsoftware » Tue May 17, 2011 8:22 pm

Hi,

Is this the case with all versions of eScan SMB.. ie: AV, ISS or Corp?

I've run a test here and found that with the AVG 2011 FREE version, eScan is not uninstalling it completely. There are a number of processes from AVG still left running.

Warm Regards,
Joan
ccsoftware

Postby vineeth » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:04 pm

Dear Customer,

With reference to your query , the uninstallation of the other anti-virus software namely CA Threat Manager version 8.1 from CA Technologies (client version) and AVG has been added to our database. In addition to which uninstallation procedures of latest versions of some other anti-virus softwares has also been updated in the latest version of eScan.
The latest version of eScan is available on our website and eScan wiki.

Please Note: Although, eScan uninstalls the other anti-virus software with few of its versions, it does not warranty its complete un-installation from your computer.
In case, if eScan does not uninstall the other anti-virus software, please write to us at support@escanav.com along with name and version of the concerned software. eScan will definitely try its best to provide a solution at the earliest.
With Regards,
Vineeth K.
eScan
vineeth

Return to Technical Support