3 lastest Issues

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

3 lastest Issues

Postby wabenzi » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:31 pm

Firstly, a client lost his license keys after formating his PC, he wanted to reactivate but he couldn't find his license keys... His problem and concern is that, since he registered with his personal details (Name, Phone #, email) microworld can track it based on his details to get his license keys back. Can microworld implement this feature so that when my license key is missing i can get it back with my Name, Phone # or email, if possible the PC's MAC address or Machine Code.
Secondly, i realized that during registration to activate your license, microworld doesn't monitor if details given are correct, especially email addresses (i have eprsonally entered a wrong email adddress and it was easily accepted by microworld during activation online).Pls see to this and kindly get back to me.
Thirdly, i downloaded the recent hotfix/patch and when i applied it on my pc and rebooted, the endpoint security stopped running, when i get to the control panel and enable it, it disables automatically. This has happend on a client's PC of 100users, when i deploy the hotfix on EMC. I have to roll back the patch before the endpoint started running. What is the possible cost?Please ses to this.
wabenzi

Postby ejaz » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:48 pm

Firstly, a client lost his license keys after formating his PC, he wanted to reactivate but he couldn't find his license keys... His problem and concern is that, since he registered with his personal details (Name, Phone #, email) microworld can track it based on his details to get his license keys back. Can microworld implement this feature so that when my license key is missing i can get it back with my Name, Phone # or email, if possible the PC's MAC address or Machine Code.

Answer :-

Yes we do have this facility in MicroWorld, we sotre all his information which he provided at the time of activation and on the basis of that we will provide the required information to user. Only thing you have to provide the email ID or Name in which the product registered so we will provide you the Standard key OR Activation key.

Secondly, i realized that during registration to activate your license, microworld doesn't monitor if details given are correct, especially email addresses (i have eprsonally entered a wrong email adddress and it was easily accepted by microworld during activation online).Pls see to this and kindly get back to me.

Yes software doesn't know that what is your name, address and phone number. And we have email ID as only the mandatory option but we are not checking whether it is correct or wrong, we only checked that it should be a valid email ID format. for example abc@xyz.com

If user provided the wrong email ID at the time of activation then we are not responsible for that to tracking his license key with his correct email ID.

Thirdly, i downloaded the recent hotfix/patch and when i applied it on my pc and rebooted, the endpoint security stopped running, when i get to the control panel and enable it, it disables automatically. This has happend on a client's PC of 100users, when i deploy the hotfix on EMC. I have to roll back the patch before the endpoint started running. What is the possible cost?Please ses to this.

For this problem I would like to see your machine remotely.

To do this, right-click on the "eScan Protection Center" icon displayed on the task bar and then click on "eScan Remote Support".
(OR)
Click on the Windows "Start" button, then on "Programs" - "eScan for windows" - "eScan Remote Support".
(OR)
Goto C:\Program Files\Common Files\MicroWorld\WGWIN folder and execute/run the file "tvqsapp.exe".

Do join us on our "Live Online Support" by visiting www.escanav.com and Provide us the Ticket ID of this reported problem and the eScan Remote Support (ERS) ID and Password that is generated on you pc.

We will then connect to your pc and will fix the said problem.
ejaz

Return to Technical Support