License Monitoring

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

License Monitoring

Postby wabenzi » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:02 pm

With regards to a mail i sent earlier this year, i was assured for a feature to mounted in the latest version but nothig of that has been done. My problem is that, how do i get to monitor the license on my workstations? example; if i deploy a license of 100users on network, how do i know the percentage of those who have received the license and thoes who have not? How do i know if 90 PC's have received the license?
I notice this on a clients' network, they bought 100users, and the network administrator said their having 150 PC's and their installed with eScan and fully activated with the license.
Please see to this and kindly advise and act as due.

thank you,
Ben writes
wabenzi

Postby vineeth » Mon May 03, 2010 11:53 am

Hello Ben,

With reference to your query, it is true that at present there is no option in the eScan EMC (eScan Management Console ) wherein you can check the number of systems that have been activated with the deployed license file.
We are still working on the new EMC and it will take some more time for the feature to be implemented.
At present, the EMC will only notify you only when you exceed the number of licenses i.e. in the EMC >>Licenses tab , it will give you a notfication once you exceed the number of licenses and the total number of machines by which it has been exceeded.
The number of clients which will take the updates from eScan server will depend on the License key.Once the number is exceeded , new users will not receive the escan updates.

With regards,
Vineeth K.
eScan
With Regards,
Vineeth K.
eScan
Web site: www.escanav.com
Technical Support Website:- http://support.mwti.net/support
vineeth

Return to Technical Support