eScan keeps deleting SPTD driver from Daemon Tools Lite

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

eScan keeps deleting SPTD driver from Daemon Tools Lite

Postby jasonhing » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:09 pm

Here is another problem with eScan 'Scan My Computer' Function.

I have installed Daemon Tools Lite. It works fine together with eScan. That is until I do a 'Scan My Computer' function.

Once eScan completes the full computer scanning and I reboot my computer, my Daemon Tools Lite software will fail to work. It will come out with a message that the SPTD driver is missing.

This together with my OpenVPN issue only happens when I run a full scan manually. Those 2 software can co-exist with eScan for months without having this problem until I manually run a full computer scan.

This has been happening from the first version of V10 until now but I just did not bother to report until it removed them again today (I have not run a full scan on my computer for 6 months because of this). What's the point of having an antivirus software if I'm afraid to run full scan.

Please check on this problem too.
Regards,
Jason Hing
jasonhing

Postby Gurdip Singh » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:00 pm

Dear Jason,

Can you provide me the log files when the system is scan?

Send the file to qa@escanav.com
Gurdip Singh
MicroWorld.
Gurdip Singh

Postby jasonhing » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:31 am

Will it still be in the logs if I did the scan last week? I have yet to reinstall the daemon tools back on my notebook.
Regards,
Jason Hing
jasonhing

Postby jasonhing » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:08 pm

Gurdip Singh wrote:Dear Jason,

Can you provide me the log files when the system is scan?

Send the file to qa@escanav.com

One more thing. Why can't you guys just download the program and test? It's a free program and it happens on all my machines that has Daemon Tools on it. It is not an isolated problem.
Regards,
Jason Hing
jasonhing

Daemon Lite file being deleted

Postby vineeth » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:43 am

Hello Jason,

With reference to the Daemon lite file (sptd.sys) being deleted, the same has been checked at our end on Daemon Lite version 4.35.6.91.
Please download the modified mwavscan files from the below link (mwavscan.com and mwavscan.exe) and save both the files to the escan directory i.e.
c:\Program files\escan folder and update the virus signature database once

http://download1.mwti.net/download/temp/mwavscan/mwavscan.zip

Scan the system after making the above changes ,reboot the machine and check if you still face the problem.
Once we receive a confirmation that the problem has been resolved , we will apply the changes through our signature updates globally.

With regards,
Vineeth k.
eScan
vineeth

Postby jasonhing » Tue May 04, 2010 2:14 pm

I have downloaded the files and did as you instructed. This time the SPTD is still working.
Regards,
Jason Hing
jasonhing

Postby vineeth » Tue May 04, 2010 2:30 pm

Hello Jason,

Thank you for the status .
We will be implementing the changes through our updates soon.

With regards,
Vineeth K.
eScan
With Regards,
Vineeth K.
eScan
Web site: www.escanav.com
Technical Support Website:- http://support.mwti.net/support
vineeth

Return to Technical Support