traycser.exe infected by trojan

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

traycser.exe infected by trojan

Postby jasonhing » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:31 am

I've been getting this messages all morning. Seems like one of the files in escan is infected but it cannot be removed by escan. Any solution?

eScan Corporate for Windows 10.0.997.658 DB Updated 21st April 2010.

22/04/2010 09:34:46"D:\Program Files\eScan\traycser.exe","Infected by Virus: Gen:Trojan.UserStartup.pq1@aSyDS8di (DB)","Access Denied"

22/04/2010 09:53:48"D:\Program Files\eScan\traycser.exe","Infected by Virus: Gen:Trojan.UserStartup.pq1@aSyDS8di (DB)","Access Denied"

22/04/2010 09:53:54"D:\Program Files\eScan\traycser.exe","Infected by Virus: Gen:Trojan.UserStartup.pq1@aSyDS8di (DB)","Access Denied"

22/04/2010 09:54:13"D:\Program Files\eScan\traycser.exe","Infected by Virus: Gen:Trojan.UserStartup.pq1@aSyDS8di (DB)","Access Denied"

22/04/2010 09:54:24"D:\Program Files\eScan\traycser.exe","Infected by Virus: Gen:Trojan.UserStartup.pq1@aSyDS8di (DB)","File Quarantined"
Regards,
Jason Hing
jasonhing

Postby jasonhing » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:57 am

A quick update. As I'm doing a full computer scan now, escan is even finding the old traycser.exe in the c:\windows\esupd_rollback$\1.0.0.570\ folder as infected.
Regards,
Jason Hing
jasonhing

Postby Henning » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:49 am

same here on 4 clients...

eScan Corp v10.0.1058.665 DB, german version

Client OS:
Win7 x64 and Win XP x32
Henning

Postby tarique » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:09 pm

First please download the latest eScan updates.

Then download & install eScan hotfix from the below link.
http://escanav.com/hotfix

This will resolve your issue.

tarique

Postby Henning » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:30 pm

Some Clients already had hotfix 686 on the newest client installed, but they had the same infected-messege this morning. So fix 686 can't be the solution.
Henning

Postby jasonhing » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:43 pm

tarique wrote:First please download the latest eScan updates.

Then download & install eScan hotfix from the below link.
http://escanav.com/hotfix

This will resolve your issue.

Hello Tarique,
Thank you for your reply but I've had enough of all these short comings of eScan and there is no way to automatically fix this. I've used eScan for almost a year now and it has been nothing but problems and manual fixes.

Please answer these questions for me:-

1) All the antivirus that I have used before eScan will automatically updates itself. Why must eScan be patched with hotfixes like this one?.

2) What good is the eScan server for if it cannot even update itself? I also cannot update the clients connected to the server automatically. Is there a setting to automatically push eScan hotfixes out the the clients without it being done manually?

3) My eScan standalone antivirus (those not connected to the server) cannot be updated with the hotfix from the interface. I have about 100 units of eScan located outside of the office that has to be updated manually. How am I suppose to do that? I cannot trust my users to install the hotfix manually?

I'm about 2 months from my expiry of my 300 eScan corporate edition license. At this moment, if any of your competitors can quote me a switchover price that matches the license renewal price of eScan, I will definitely give it a thought... maybe even a second thought...
Regards,
Jason Hing
jasonhing

Postby jasonhing » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:54 pm

Update...
This has now become another eScan update catastrophe. Not the first and I doubt it will be the last.

ALL my users are now reporting the same issue today. Seems like whatever was updated last night did not agree with eScan today.
Regards,
Jason Hing
jasonhing

Postby tarique » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:38 pm

Dear All,

We are working on same, this is false alarm from eScan.
Please ignore that message.

We will update you same once it done.

tarique

Postby jasonhing » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:04 pm

tarique wrote:Dear All,

We are working on same, this is false alarm from eScan.
Please ignore that message.

We will update you same once it done.

Yes, we know it is a false alarm. We are technical people. We understand. Unfortunately try telling that to my panicky end-users who has been calling my support line.
Regards,
Jason Hing
jasonhing

Postby Gurdip Singh » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:11 pm

Dear All,

An updates has been released for these, do let us know if there is still a problem after downloading the latest updates.
Gurdip Singh
MicroWorld.
Gurdip Singh

Postby jasonhing » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:20 pm

Gurdip Singh wrote:Dear All,

An updates has been released for these, do let us know if there is still a problem after downloading the latest updates.

Testing right now.

I've already updated to the latest hotfix and will do an update now to check.
Regards,
Jason Hing
jasonhing

Postby jasonhing » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:30 pm

Update:

I've just tested and it has been fixed. Since it is 10pm where I am now, I can only check with the users tomorrow morning.
Regards,
Jason Hing
jasonhing

Postby Henning » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:32 pm

hi there,

i still get these false-positive detects. what do i have to do to get this update? hotfix on "escan wiki" is still version 686...

kind regards,
henning
Henning

Postby jasonhing » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:56 am

Henning wrote:hi there,

i still get these false-positive detects. what do i have to do to get this update? hotfix on "escan wiki" is still version 686...

kind regards,
henning

henning,
The update fix mentioned by Gurdip is most likely a daily update fix and not just the hotfix patch. I've been through quite a number of issues with eScan that is eventually solved with a daily update.

What you need to do now is to apply the latest hotfix, reboot the computer and download the latest update. That should fix it.
Regards,
Jason Hing
jasonhing

Postby tarique » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:57 pm

Dear All,

This has been corrected in auto updates please download the latest updates & let us know the status.

Now there is no need to run latest hotfix for this issue.

tarique

Next

Return to Technical Support