system requirement

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

system requirement

Postby adityameher1979 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:18 pm

We want to install Escan Corporate for 250 User. If we set all the policies active , tell me the system requirement for the same :!: :!: :!: :!:
adityameher1979

Postby Gurdip Singh » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:08 pm

Dear Aditya,

Please refer to below link for more details.

http://www.escanav.com/english/content/ ... porate.asp
Gurdip Singh
MicroWorld.
Gurdip Singh

Postby jasonhing » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:18 pm

Gurdip Singh wrote:Dear Aditya,

Please refer to below link for more details.

http://www.escanav.com/english/content/ ... porate.asp

Hello Gurdip,
This is purely a marketing answer. There is a difference between minimum requirements to run the software and acceptable requirement.

Aditya,
Since you are asking this question, can I assume that you don't have all your machines running with at least 1GB of RAM and the latest OS?

Here's my experience since I have a mix of WIN98, WinXP, Vista, Server 2000 and 2003 running on eScan.

Let's say that if you have 256MB of RAM as stated in the marketing material, eScan will still run as long as your users are acceptable with a 5 min startup of Windows XP and a 3 min startup of Outlook email client.

My users weren't accepting the longer startup times, therefore, the moment I installed eScan, I practically had to upgrade ALL machines with 256MB to 512MB (I would consider 512MB as a practical minimum requirement).

One more thing, I did not turn on ALL the scanning policies for eScan. I kept Ant-spam, firewall and Privacy controls off. If you plan to do that, your machines will definitely run slower than mine.
Regards,
Jason Hing
jasonhing

Return to Technical Support