eScan Removal Tool

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

eScan Removal Tool

Postby wabenzi » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:34 pm

Hi, i installed eScan corporate, with my policies deployed to the workstations, i recently realize a violation to the policies i have deployed from the EMC. One of the staffs has been able to uninstall the escan, even though i enabled an administrative password. He was able to access the blocked websites and other blocked applications. I realize this uninstallation was done by the "eScan Removal Tool". My problem is that, everyone can uninstall escan with removal tool, then escan has a loop hole. I suggest that, even with the removal tool, escan should still ask for a password before uninstalling, either than that, i will not be safe with eScan on my network.

Thank you
wabenzi

Postby Shrinivas » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:24 am

Hi Wabenzi,

We are already working on it and new eScan removal tool is under testing.
We will shortly let you know once we are done with it.
With Regards,

Shrinivas P.
MicroWorld Technologies Inc.
Shrinivas

Postby ejaz » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:05 pm

Hello wabenzi,

We have tested and created the esremove as per your requirement, which will ask the password to remove eScan

You can download the new esremove from below given link

http://support.mwti.net/support/index.p ... ditemid=12

Thanks & Regards,
Ejaz M Shaikh
MicroWorld Technical Support Team.
ejaz

eSRemove

Postby ccsoftware » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:22 am

Hi,

I just tried downloading this 'new' esremove but I'm still not prompted for a password. It just proceeds with the uninstall with no warning at all.
I'm running eScan AV for SMB v 10.0.1058.686. I have deployed out a password to the client.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Joan
C&C Software Solutions INc
ccsoftware

Postby ejaz » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:04 pm

HI,

You can download the new esremove from below given link which will ask you the password before uninstallation

http://www.microworldsystems.com/downlo ... remove.exe

Thanks & Regards,
Ejaz M Shaikh
MicroWorld Technical Support Team.
ejaz

Return to Technical Support