old virus signatures

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

old virus signatures

Postby Henning » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:36 pm

dear microworld team,

more and more costumers are calling and complaining about old signatures in eScan v9 Editions (12.03.2010). When do you expect to get a solution for this issue?

Kind regards,
Henning
Last edited by Henning on Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Henning

Postby Shrinivas » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:44 pm

Hi Henning,

There seems to be some problem with the definition from Kaspersky.
We have notified them and are expected to soon hear from them.
We will keep you posted about this.
Also it is advisable to upgrade to version 10 from the version 9 as there have been many changes in terms of stability,functionality and performance which were not available in version 9.
You can always get the download links for version 10 from Wiki.
Do let us know if you face any problems.
With Regards,

Shrinivas P.
MicroWorld Technologies Inc.
Shrinivas

Postby Henning » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:21 pm

Hello Shrinivas,

are you able to give me an status-update? Costumers are calling again and again. Is there a chance to disable the "out-of-date" message?

eScan v10:
Yes, I know... but since Microworld is the only Anti-Virus Scanner I know, where I have to buy a new Release-Version even if license-periode is not over, an update is not an option for every costumer! People dont want to pay for their anti-virus solution two-times.

By the way - we are still facing stability problems with eScan v10 and avpmapp.exe which use 100% CPU and locks the whole system. I already sent debug-logs to german support.

Anyway - I'd expect that Microworld checks the Signatures from Kaspersky before uploading them to the Microworld update-servers. Our costumers are quite angry already, because they cant understand that it takes 4-5 days to uncover the problem and solve it. They just get the pop-ups and are asking themselfes if they are really safe?

kind regards,
henning
Henning

Postby vikas » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:10 pm

Hello,

We kindly request you to upgrade to version to 10, And we are very confident about version 10 stability and usage.

Thanks
Vikas
vikas

Postby Shrinivas » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:16 pm

Hi Henning,

Meanwhile,the problem has been resolved.
The updates are online now.
With Regards,

Shrinivas P.
MicroWorld Technologies Inc.
Shrinivas

Return to Technical Support