immediately notification in EMC when Virus was found

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

immediately notification in EMC when Virus was found

Postby Henning » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:36 pm

Hi

eScan marks the client in EMC as infected as soon as the client uploads the reports (which can take a while....) How do I configure the clients to send infected-information immediately?

Using eScan Corp v 9.0.824.394

Regards,
Henning
Henning

Postby Shrinivas » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:14 am

Hi Henning,

In eScan version 10 EMC,we have "Client Live Updater" which has real time reporting of events from eScan clients to eScan server.
While the version that you are using at your end is version 9,in which this feature is not available.
With Regards,

Shrinivas P.
MicroWorld Technologies Inc.
Shrinivas

Postby Henning » Tue May 18, 2010 4:03 pm

Hi,

how can I inform the Administrator through an eMail that a client is infected. The Administrator wants to get an immediately notification if something is wrong.

escan corp v10.0.1058.686

Kind regards,
Henning
Henning

Postby Gurdip Singh » Wed May 19, 2010 5:00 pm

Dear Henning,

Your query has been forwarded to development team, and the said feature will be available in new version of EMC.

Regards
Gurdip Singh
Gurdip Singh

Postby jasonhing » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:26 pm

Wow, same line again. If you guys do a quick search on the term 'new emc' I'm sure we'd hit almost every topic in here.

Shrinivas, are you sure that the current EMC is version 10? It looks exactly the same version as the one I had 1 year ago when somebody told me that the EMC is only a temp solution as eScan is preparing a 'new emc' (there we go again.. new emc).

All these while I've only seen patches to the current emc which somebody in eScan also told me it's more like version 9+.. it's almost there but not exactly version 10.

For the last one year, I feel like I'm using an outdated EMC for the version 10 eScan corporate with promises that things will be fixed in the 'new emc'.
Regards,
Jason Hing
jasonhing

Return to Technical Support