ISS/AV SMB manual installation on clients

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

ISS/AV SMB manual installation on clients

Postby Samir M. » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:12 pm

After installing ISS/AV SMB client manually, it does not take the license and updates from the eScan server.

This Problem has been rectified in ISS/AV SMB version 10.0.968.374 and higher. If you have a version which is lower than the above version, please follow the below mentioned procedure.

1. Install ISS/AV SMB as a client on the machine.
2. After the installation is complete goto Start>>Run>>win.ini
3. Find for the entry Server=1 and change it to Server=0
4. Add the entry escanDeployed=1 under the escan section.
5. Then Add the IP address of the eScan ISS/AV SMB server in the client machine so that the client machine downloads the updates from the server.
Samir M.

Postby dattesh » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:51 pm

Dear samir,

I used to alternet solution by making batchfile & make es_setup in root system partition.

Today i have visited one company they have installed Escan V9.0.824.374. Now when i uninstalled from EMC & installed latest iwn2ksmk.exe 10.0.968.374

when i try to get client status by ip. All machines shows User does not have permission as well rest few new errors which not known. Out of 50 machine, only two machine get successfully status.

To install from EMC we have to do maximum settings at client side.

Thanks
dattesh

Return to Technical Support