Application files (EXE) are getting scanned

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

Application files (EXE) are getting scanned

Postby murali » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:19 am

Hi,

this Murali from chennai.
In Escan V10.0.962.356 all EXE files are getting scanned. On this process some of the system is getting hanged.
Ex: I'm having all my softwares in a DVD it's all exe files, when i try to install a program from my DVD after installing ESCAN it will take atleast 10Mins to read the DVD. Beacuse it was scanning all the EXE files in the DVD.

Please tell me how to get rid of this simple issue.........

thanks & regards
Muralidharan
Thanks & Regards
Muralidharan
murali

Postby Kuron » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:12 pm

I would try (sorry for possibly bad translation, since I'm running a german version) going into the settings of file protection and unmarking the dvd-drive in the list of objects to be scanned. I'm not sure if this will work, but it seems to be a sensible appoach.

Manual scans of the dvd-drive should still be possible with this setting.
Best regards
Martin
Kuron

Postby murali » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:26 pm

Kuron wrote:I would try (sorry for possibly bad translation, since I'm running a german version) going into the settings of file protection and unmarking the dvd-drive in the list of objects to be scanned. I'm not sure if this will work, but it seems to be a sensible appoach.

Manual scans of the dvd-drive should still be possible with this setting.

Hi Kuron,

Thanks for your suggestion it worked for me, but commonly if you have any exe files in your hard drive it was getting scanned. How you will get rid of this problem.....
Thanks & Regards
Muralidharan
murali

Postby Kuron » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:09 pm

Hi Murali,

unfortunately I have no other idea than deactivating all possible drives, which woul mean you wouldn't need to install any anti-virus-software... :-(

Except for maybe the exclusion list for filetypes - but that again would mean that no .exe-files willever be scanned, except for in a manual virusscan.

I fear that this issue needs a statement by MicroWorld.

Best of luck and best regards!

P.S.: I too am not really happy that vc- and pro-edition have been cancelled. I found them better than the AV
Best regards
Martin
Kuron

Postby murali » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:16 pm

Kuron wrote:Hi Murali,

unfortunately I have no other idea than deactivating all possible drives, which woul mean you wouldn't need to install any anti-virus-software... :-(

Except for maybe the exclusion list for filetypes - but that again would mean that no .exe-files willever be scanned, except for in a manual virusscan.

I fear that this issue needs a statement by MicroWorld.

Best of luck and best regards!

P.S.: I too am not really happy that vc- and pro-edition have been cancelled. I found them better than the AV

Hi Martin,

Thanks & lets us wait for the MicroWorld people to answer this......
Many thanks for your instant reply
Thanks & Regards
Muralidharan
murali

Applications bening scanned.

Postby mln » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:02 pm

For safety reasons we have designed to software to scan all application files be it .exe or .com files as it might carry virus. But if you think i take a lot of time to read the DVD drive

You could untick scanning of Cd/DVD drive in the File Anti-virus settings section.
Lakshmi Narayanan
Chennai
mln

Re: Applications bening scanned.

Postby murali » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:53 am

mln wrote:For safety reasons we have designed to software to scan all application files be it .exe or .com files as it might carry virus. But if you think i take a lot of time to read the DVD drive

You could untick scanning of Cd/DVD drive in the File Anti-virus settings section.

Hi mln,

I accept that your AV has the safety designs for EXE files. As you said unmarking the scanning DVD drives got effect. But what about the EXE's files placed in the Hard Drives. I don't say that you have to get rid of scanning the EXE files but there should be some rapid scan for these files.
Because if you have so many application files in your HDD the system seems to be get hang for some time.
Thanks & Regards
Muralidharan
murali

Postby mln » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:51 am

Request you download our latest patch and let us understand

http://update6.mwti.net/download/tools/espatch1.exe
Lakshmi Narayanan
Chennai
mln

Postby murali » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:11 pm

mln wrote:Request you download our latest patch and let us understand

http://update6.mwti.net/download/tools/espatch1.exe

Hi MLN,

I've already updated with your latest espatch1.exe.
Sorry still it's seems to be slow...............
Thanks & Regards
Muralidharan
murali

Return to Technical Support