Exchange bewteen eScan Server and Clients

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

Exchange bewteen eScan Server and Clients

Postby t.vanderkluft » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:17 pm

Hello,

I have installed eScan corporate and now I want to know all the connections which are do between my eScan server and his clients. I have capture the packets and I have notice 2 things :

- A connection is do all 3 minutes on UDP port 2001.
- A connection is do all 10 minutes on TCP port 139.

Below all my questions :

- What are all the connection established between the eScan Server and his clients, and in what frequency ?

- What the purpose of the both connection I mention.

The aim of this topic is to know in what frequency the update was done and the deployment of the policies was done.

Thank you.
t.vanderkluft

Re: Exchange bewteen eScan Server and Clients

Postby Divesh » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:11 pm

t.vanderkluft wrote:Hello,

I have installed eScan corporate and now I want to know all the connections which are do between my eScan server and his clients. I have capture the packets and I have notice 2 things :

- A connection is do all 3 minutes on UDP port 2001.
- A connection is do all 10 minutes on TCP port 139.

Below all my questions :

- What are all the connection established between the eScan Server and his clients, and in what frequency ?

- What the purpose of the both connection I mention.

The aim of this topic is to know in what frequency the update was done and the deployment of the policies was done.

Thank you.

Hello,

he following ports are used by escan server

UDP - 2001 - eScan Server announcement broadcasts on this port. eScan client systems listen to this port of the eScan Server

FTP - 2021 - Using this ports Updates are downloaded. eScan client connects to this port for downloading of updates.

HTTP - 3333 - This is port is used for checking the dates of updates. eScan clients connects to this port for update version check.

By default the eScan Announcement is broadcasted after every 150 seconds (UDP-2001)
eScan Forum Administrator,
MicroWorld.
=========
Divesh
Site Admin

Return to Technical Support