LAN Automatic Disconnect?

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

LAN Automatic Disconnect?

Postby inbloom222 » Mon May 05, 2008 10:08 am

I have upgrade and installed eScan Corporate on my network into version 9.0.779.142 from ver. 9.0.742.1.

But the problem is, when i try to "Get status" particular clients, it is Successful connection. But when i try to "remote install other software" cause i want to deploy the MWAV, it fails to deploy then suddenly, the conenction will lost (Host is not Active). And worst the computer i am trying to deploy totally disconnected from the network. then in unspecified time, clients disconnect to the network regularly without any cause. maybe bacause it is updating from the server.

We found out that this problem is on eScan, cause when i uninstall eScan and try to use other AV(just to test) for the whole day, it won't disconnect at all.

Hope to have feedback regarding this.

More power MWTI!
inbloom222

Postby vikas » Mon May 05, 2008 12:15 pm

What is the escan client version you are using?

Try to run following patch on eScan client once

http://mail3.mwti.net/updagent.exe

And let me know the status for the same
vikas

LAN

Postby mln » Mon May 05, 2008 1:07 pm

In addition to what Mr Vikas has told Please do delete the log folder i.e c:\pub\log some time you might find one log with the system ip and one with the system name this also clears the problem.
Lakshmi Narayanan
Chennai
mln

Postby inbloom222 » Mon May 05, 2008 2:33 pm

Server version is now , 9.0.779.142 and i tried for both clients version 9.0.742 and 9.0.779. I'll try your recommendation and hope this will work.
inbloom222

Postby inbloom222 » Tue May 06, 2008 6:58 am

hi guys,

i found out that the problem is on logs. as what "mln" told me to do. it resolved when i follow his instruction. I also follow what vikas instruct to me but it has no effect.

AT FIRST yes it is ok, but the problem is, after the server detected again all the clients (250 users). same problem occur again. means that i still have the same problem.

though i know now what is the cause of the problem, i just wonder why this kind of situitation occurs. is this some kind of bugs or problem on the latest version. cause this only occurs after upgrading the server into latest version.

Hope to have a better solution for this guys. thanks

More power MWTI!
inbloom222

Postby inbloom222 » Wed May 07, 2008 7:44 am

hi guys!,

Sorry guys to bother you... hope to have a solution from you ASAP.
cause it gives me a lot of problem on my AV right now which i don't encounter before.
inbloom222

Postby mln » Wed May 07, 2008 9:25 pm

Thank you

But it first tries to obtain the ip present in the network later the name of the system it is just a one time process.

It has been done like this so that no computer in the network is left with out Escan.
Lakshmi Narayanan
Chennai
mln

Return to Technical Support