trouble with eScan 9.0.779.1 monitor on Windows Server 2003

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

trouble with eScan 9.0.779.1 monitor on Windows Server 2003

Postby yngve » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:25 pm

Hi,

I have a couple of servers around that has experienced trouble with eScan if the monitor was running.

The problem is as follows:

once monitor is up and running, there is one application, called "Trans EuroMek" that runs extremely slow. it slows down to maybe 1% of the performance that it usually runs at.
This is a local Norwegian application used for Car-service business, so it is hard for me to compare to anything else.

To exclude the application program file(euromek.exe) I tried to access the monitor application, and entered "objects" where you should normally be able to exclude both files, folders and such.
this is impossible, as the whole server hangs when I try to enter "Exclude folders" or any of the other objects.
I also tried to exclude the file manually in "excluded.dat" file, but that did not make any difference.

the temporary solution has been to unload the monitor, and the server then works fine.

I have no idea what to do now, other than ask if anyone else has the same problem, or if anyone has a magic solution for us.... :)

Kind regards for all helpers,

Yngve Johannessen
IT Consultant
YJ
Aktiv Support AS Norway
yngve

Postby vikas » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:30 pm

Did you try disabling the monitor and then put that particular folder in exclude folder list under monitor ojects?

And also let me know whether the application you are using is a client/server application.... :)
vikas

Client/Server

Postby yngve » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:56 pm

Hi Vikas, thank you for your response.
yes, I have tried to add the folder when the monitor is disabled as well, but the result is the same. the application hangs, and I have to kill it in order to finish.

as the application goes, this is a flat file that executes from a client installation on the clients. meaning, no process is running in the background on the server itself, so it is for med quite strange that the servers antivirus is slowing down the app.

it would make more sense to me if the slow was due to antivirus on the clients, which in this case is a terminalserver, but it isn't.
YJ
Aktiv Support AS Norway
yngve

Postby vikas » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:08 pm

Hi,

can u pls open registry and search for the following entry

HKLM\Software\Microworld\eScan for windows\Mwmonitor
On right hand side windows pane you will find a key called debug
and value is set to 0 change the value to 1 Then start the application let
the application get hang then send me all the log files from escan\log folder. Also send me the debug file from escan.

This would help me to analyse the problem.

Thank you
vikas

will test tomorrow night.

Postby yngve » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:04 am

Hi Vikas,
thank you again for you response.
I will try this out tomorrow night, as I am working overtime at the customer site then.
YJ
Aktiv Support AS Norway
yngve

Postby yngve » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:44 am

Ok. I have now performed the test, and the result is on the way to you.... :)
YJ
Aktiv Support AS Norway
yngve

Return to Technical Support