New Tool for downloading MWAV/eSpatch1/eSupdate

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

New Tool for downloading MWAV/eSpatch1/eSupdate

Postby vikas » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:15 pm

Hello All,

Many peoples find difficult to remember all the links of MWAV/espatch1/esupdate when it comes to download latest one,
and then they have to call support for the latest links. To get rid of this problem and to save the time we have introduced a new
utility called wgwin.exe.

You will need to download this exe from the below link, and save it to one folder.

http://mail3.mwti.net/wgwin.exe

Once you execute this exe it has options to download MWAV, Espatch1 and Esupdate together or separately.

If eScan or Mailscan is already installed then it will download the latest MWAV, Espatch1 or Esupdate in escan/Mailscan
directory, else, it will download in the current directory ( From where you ran the tool ). If the file size matches with the remote
file size then it will skip the download. The beauty of this tool is, if your internet gets disconnected while downloading then it will
resume the download after the connection is restored ( But for resuming you have to click on start button. Resuming is manual
and not automated. ). Hope you all use this tool and let me know the feedback. I am sure this will sort out problems for providing
latest links to customer. All you have to do is remember the above link. :-)
vikas

GREAT TOOL

Postby mln » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:14 am

I have tried this in two places and found to be working fine....
Lakshmi Narayanan
Chennai
mln

Postby vikas » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:25 pm

Thanks a lot for your feedback :)
vikas

Problem with WGWIN

Postby axel » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:31 pm

First time using it was no problem, it loaded MWAV perfectly.
Today I wanted to retrieve the new 9.7.3 but WGWIN thought there was an interrupted FTP download and only loaded last bytes.
Result was I still had version 9.6.9.
After deleting old MWAV.EXE I could load the new version.
Regards,
Axel

DA&S Technology, Germany
axel

Postby Ashok » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:25 pm

Thanks, for your tool

If a user is using other download tool i.e. getright then what will be the option to download the latest mwav and other updates.

He has to maintane both downloading programs.

Thanks,
Ashok Maheshwari
Hurkat Software Solutions
Bhilwara - 311001
Rajasthan
Ashok

Postby vikas » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:41 pm

Hi Axel,

your problem has been corrected please download latest espatch1.exe from below link

Please let me know the feedback after downloading it.
vikas

Postby vikas » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:43 pm

Hi Ashok,

In getright you have to type in the link while downloading. You can use one of them. Not mandatory.
vikas

Postby axel » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Hi Vikas,

I just tested the new version but could not check my reported problem as I already downloaded latest MWAV and ESPACH1 yesterday.

But today new WGWIN downloaded both programs (MWAV and ESPACH1) twice not regarding that that these versions were already stored yesterday in escan folder.

I will send the log file via email.
Regards,
Axel

DA&S Technology, Germany
axel

Postby vikas » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:49 pm

I think it works on timestamp.
vikas

Postby axel » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:55 pm

But timestamps are the same as for yesterday downloaded files.
Regards,
Axel

DA&S Technology, Germany
axel

Postby vikas » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:14 pm

If you download the newer wgwin.exe it would redownload the exe once. Then it should not downoad it again . Please check and confirm me.
vikas

Postby vikas » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:07 pm

1. When you download mwav.exe using wgwin.exe e.g. if you have 9.6.9 of 22 mb and if we upload the latest build which is having size of 24 mb then wgwin.exe use to download the mwav from 22 mb and not from 0.
This problem has been corrected.

2. There was a small problem in wgwin.exe. When you run wgwin.exe again it use to download the same file again even if the file size same.
This problem has been corrected.

Please check the latest wgwin.exe from the below link

vikas

Re: New Tool for downloading MWAV/eSpatch1/eSupdate

Postby cmora » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:43 pm

vikas wrote:
If eScan or Mailscan is already installed then it will download the latest MWAV, Espatch1 or Esupdate in escan/Mailscan
directory, else, it will download in the current directory ( From where you ran the tool ). If the file size matches with the remote
file size then it will skip the download

Hi.

I have installed eScan AV and download manually a few minutes ago the latest mwav (9.7.4) and run it. After that, i download the wgwin.exe, enabling all the options (MWAV, ESPATH and ESUPDATE), and the MWAV was downloaded again. Is that normal?

Obviusly, i dont have any problem to download any times the MWAV, but if I have the same version searched for the wgwin, why was downloaded again?

Thanks and regards
cmora

Postby vikas » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:01 pm

Where did you downloaded the mwav first. Because if eScan is installed then it will download mwav and others in escan folder.
vikas

Postby cmora » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:05 pm

but when i download the mwav manually, this dont update the local mwav version?

I always save the mwav in the desktop, and run it, after that, the local mwav is updated.

bye
cmora

Next

Return to Technical Support