The console show some stations with the eserv icon

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

The console show some stations with the eserv icon

Postby cmora » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:24 pm

Hi.

I make an installation of escan CE deploying from the console to all the local network, but some stations are displayed in the console like servers, and show the eserv icon too.

How can i fix and prevent that? i need show all the stations like clients (because they are clients :P)

thanks in advance.
cmora

Re: The console show some stations with the eserv icon

Postby Divesh » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:06 pm

cmora wrote:Hi.

I make an installation of escan CE deploying from the console to all the local network, but some stations are displayed in the console like servers, and show the eserv icon too.

How can i fix and prevent that? i need show all the stations like clients (because they are clients :P)

thanks in advance.

Pls let us know the version of eScan CE installed. Also, pls check physically on any one or two of those client systems (against which eserv icon is displayed in the EMC) if it has been installed as eScan server.
eScan Forum Administrator,
MicroWorld.
=========
Divesh
Site Admin

Postby cmora » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:19 am

Hi

All the stations have eScan CE 9.0.742.1 and i check manually 3 stations. They dont have console.

Im experimenting the same problem in another network, with eScan AV 9.0.742.1.

What another thing can i check?

thanks in advance
cmora

Postby Divesh » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:21 pm

Hi,
Please email us the following:
1) win.ini from the client systems (with eScan Corp edition)
2) win.ini from the eScan server in the following path \Pub\log\<hostname> folder. (<hostname> = there would be a folder of the respective client System).

email it to us at support@mwti.net
[Debug of eScan server and also debug of any one out of the three client will be more helpful to analyse]
Debug Procedure:
) Right click on the green color "e" icon on the Windows taskbar,
II) Click on "Send Debug Information"
II) A window will open wherein you can type the description of the problem (In the same window, in the space given for "Mail From" section enter your email id and in the "Mail To" section you can enter support@mwti.net) and then click on OK button.
IV) The debuges.zip file will be created in C:\Program Files\eScan\debug folder. Attach this debuges.zip and email it to us.
eScan Forum Administrator,
MicroWorld.
=========
Divesh
Site Admin

Return to Technical Support