DLL Error

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

DLL Error

Postby PJF » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:29 pm

Hi All

Over the past couple of days I have had several eScan ISS customers reporting the same error or variant of error. IE.: *(C:\PROGRA~1\escan\ipcclnt.dll is not a valid windows image.) or (C:\PROGRA~1\escan\ipc.dll is not a valid windows image.)
Can anyone shed some light on this error please.
:?:
PJF

Postby vikas » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:11 pm

This might because of a installation problem or it could happen because of corrupt file.

Can you please let me know, on which operating system you are using and what is the File system e.g. FAT32 or NTFS. And what is the version of eScan you are using.

Did you try reinstalling eScan?
vikas

Postby PJF » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:28 pm

This problem has happened on one computer that is 10 months old and is running windows vista home premium running eScan ISS (not sure which version) (not latest version) and on 3 other computers all running same version of escan with windows xp home and pro (SP2). I suspect this has been caused by an update so as yet have not re-installed eScan. All these computers have been running eScan ISS with no problems for quite some time.
PJF

Postby aman.saxena » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:00 pm

If still you are facing the same problem then please try the latest eScan product (9.0.742.1). You can download from any of the below mentioned links.

http://www.mwti.net/download/escan/es2k ... n2k3ek.exe
ftp://ftp.microworldsystems.com/downloa ... wn2k3e.exe
ftp://update.mailscan.info/download/esc ... wn2k3e.exe
http://update6.mwti.net/download/temp/iwn2k3ek.exe

If still problem persists then please let us know.

Thanks,
Aman
aman.saxena

Return to Technical Support