avpmapp.exe high memory

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

avpmapp.exe high memory

Postby rjoemrati » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:23 am

Dear Team,

Since a long time I have noticed at many different customers that the avpmapp.exe uses high memory. I'm pretty sure this wasn't an issue more than a year ago. But, now some customers using Windows 7 or 10 with 4GB physical memory, might get into performance issues where the memory level after booting the system is already at 38% ~ 45% without staring any application. Is there a way to decrease the memory of the avpmapp.exe process? I have seen some very old articles where there was a similar situation, but Vista is different than Windows 10 so I can't re-produce the recommendation at that time.

Please let me know if it's normal (expected) behavior, or not. If not, please let me know what setting I have to apply to minimize the memory use of this process.

Many thanks for your time and help!
rjoemrati

Return to Technical Support