Problem accessing Seagate external hard drive

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

Problem accessing Seagate external hard drive

Postby ChristineIPeel » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:11 pm

Yesterday I encountered a problem with my Seagate hard drive in that the Seagate software was unable to access it. I have the same software on another machine that also uses Windows 7 but uses a different firewall from eScan and there is no problem with that, so the problem is localised to eScan. I have interactive filter activated and keep getting a popup to say that the access to my local IP address for the Seagate hard drive has been blocked. I have got this IP address set up as an allowed local network and can access the areas on the hard drive if I attach them individually through the control panel. I have got the executable of the Seagate software set up as an allowed executable and all was working correctly until yesterday or the day before.

Can you advise?
ChristineIPeel

Re: Problem accessing Seagate external hard drive

Postby amitc1 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:01 pm

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us at eScan.

With reference to your query, kindly send us the debug information file from your pc.

Debug procedure :

1) Right click on the red shield icon displayed on the task bar and click on "Open Protection Center"
2) In the Protection centre window click on "Tools".
3) Click on the "Send Debug Information" option
4) Put your email address in "Mail From" Field and click on "ok".

This will create debuges.zip file in "c:\progra~1\escan\debug" folder. Attach the "Debuges.zip" file in the email and send it to us.

With Regards
Amit C.
eScan
Web site: www.escanav.com
Technical Support Website:- http://support.mwti.net/support
amitc1

Return to Technical Support